Dear user, this page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information (name, surname, email) we receive from users of the website.
CEIWJ will not make your personal information accessible to third parties for lucrative purposes, but it will only use it to provide its service and improve the website. By using the website, you agree to comply with the terms regarding the collection and use of personal information in accordance with this policy.
Information collection and use
While using the website of CEIWJ, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include:
- First and last name
We ask that users register with their own personal information if they want to add comments and participate in the discussions published on the website, as well as for registering to the mailing list.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log data”).
This log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We may use your personal information to contact you with our newsletter, call for articles and other information or announcements, and to reply to inquiries. All communication with the authors of articles submitted to CEIWJ will be run via the email address of CEIWJ (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will not be disclosed to third parties.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your personal information is important to us and CEIWJ will not, under any circumstances, communicate personal information to third parties. Manuscripts, abstracts and personal information of authors whose submissions have been rejected will be retained for six months after the notification of rejection and will be thereafter deleted from our archives.
- Close Encounters in War Journal respects the copyrights of authors whose material is posted on its lists or is stored in its logs and web pages.
- Authors who post discussion items to http://www.closeencountersinwar.org grant the right to publish their work electronically on http://www.closeencountersinwar.org website.
- Copyright of articles published on CEIWJ will remain with the authors. All issues of copyright shall be determined in accordance with international copyright conventions and pertinent national legislation.
- The opinions expressed by the authors of all external contributions published in http://www.closeencountersinwar.org do not express the opinion of the Editorial Board and of Editors as to politics, religion, race and gender.
- The Editors of CEIWJ are committed not to hinder access or participation to the website and its contents on the basis of political opinion, religious creed, ethnic background or sexual orientation.
- The Editors have nonetheless the right to reject any proposal containing offensive content concerning politics, religion and racial or gender issues.
- In case of academic dispute, CEIWJ will grant the right of reply in the website.