A free seminar by Dr. Edward Tick. May 14, 2021
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and Moral Injury have proven to be of epidemic proportions in our military and veteran populations but very difficult to treat. Healing efforts must not merely strive for symptom reduction and control but match the transformed inner worlds, life experiences and values of the survivors, provide corrective experiences that counteract the traumas, and offer a life and growth path consistent with military service. Our training day will present Dr. Tick’s proven “Soldier’s Heart” holistic and psycho-spiritual-communal model for the understanding and practices that bring true healing, homecoming and transformation to our military and veterans.
- Be able to present relevant lessons from world warrior traditions.
- Understand the sacred and moral dimensions of military service and warriorhood.
- Gain a holistic understanding of Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Understand and be able to apply the concept of soul wounding to PTSD and Moral Injury.
- Understand and be able to report the Necessities of Warrior Return.
- Understand the Soldier’s Heart Transformational Model and Path of Homecoming and apply it to direct work with veterans.
- Understand the concept of Moral Injury and be able to offer strategies for Healing and Recovery.
- Understand and apply the concept of restoring the warrior archetype.